Fuji Xerox Printers is committed to maintaining high standards of professionalism and ethics in our relationships with our customers. We are also committed to protecting your privacy rights. The purpose of this statement is to clarify what kind of information we collect about you, how we use it, who we disclose it to, how you may correct or change it and how to contact us.
This Policy also serves as notification to individuals of the matters required to be notified by the Australian Privacy Principles.
An individual who provides personal information to the Company, either directly or through a business partner or service provider, is given access to this Policy.
By providing personal information to the Company and having access to this Policy, either directly or through a business partner or service provider, an individual consents to the Company collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information in accordance with this Policy.
2. The personal information collected by the Company
Personal information collected by the Company includes:
- Gender, first, middle and last names, business, home and postal address, email address, main phone, mobile phone number, fax, ABN number
3. How personal information is collected and held
The Company collects the personal information of individuals directly from those individuals when:
- The individual registers for product warranty
- The individual makes an online enquiry
- The individual makes a quote request
- The individual requests to download a resource
- The individual makes a promotion redemption
- The individual provides feedback
- The individual subscribes to the blog
- The individual registers to use the partner website where this Policy is located or linked
The Company also collects an individual’s personal information from:
- Telemarketing, lead generation agencies
- Its business partners whose programmes the Company manages and operates
- Service providers who are involved with redeeming, selling and delivering products or services to an individual for or in conjunction with the Company.
Personal information received by the Company is held electronically on the information technology systems of the Company and may only be accessed by its authorised employees and contractors who require access in connection with the purposes described in this Policy.
4. If information or consent is not provided
Without all of the required personal information being provided or consent being given, the Company will not be able to provide the product or service an individual is seeking, and may not be able to handle inquiries or claims in connection with those products or services.
Personal information will be collected, held, used and disclosed for the purposes of:
- Warranty claims
- Facilitating the redemption, purchase, service and delivery of a product or service
- Handling inquiries or claims about a product or service
- Security checks to verify the identity of an individual
- Internal and external auditing
- Administering the information technology systems used by the Company
- As required by law or a court or tribunal order
- Any related, secondary or ancillary purposes.
6. Direct marketing
Personal information may be used or disclosed to inform individuals about products, services, promotions and redemption opportunities (direct marketing and telemarketing). If an individual does not want their personal information used or disclosed for direct marketing, then they may opt out or unsubscribe by selecting the option appearing on the direct marketing communication or by contacting email@example.com.
7. Disclosure of personal information
The Company may disclose personal information to its business partners and third party service providers to perform activities in connection with the purposes described in this Policy. This includes organisations such as PinPoint, Webling, MarsDesign, The Inbound Marketing Company.
8. Accuracy and protection of personal information
An individual will need to ensure that the personal information which is provided is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time it is provided and must notify the Company of any changes.
The Company will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information that it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The Company’s information technology systems are protected by various technology solutions. However, the Company will not be liable for direct or indirect loss or damage in connection with unauthorised access, use, alteration, destruction or disclosure of personal information.
9. Access to personal information
An individual may see and have a copy of their personal information that the Company holds.
If an individual is able to establish that their personal information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, then on request the Company will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If the Company is unable to agree whether personal information is accurate, complete or up-to-date, then an individual may ask the Company to place with the information a statement claiming that particular information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
An individual who seeks to exercise their rights of access and correction must contact in writing Head of Marketing, PO Box 6238, Frenchs Forest 2086
A charge will apply commensurate with the nature of the request.
An individual may make a complaint in writing to Head of Marketing, PO Box 6238, Frenchs Forest 2086 about how their personal information has been dealt with by explaining the nature of the complaint and providing sufficient information to enable the Company to respond.
The Company will respond in writing to a written complaint within 30 days of receipt.
If the complaint remains unresolved, then the individual has the option of notifying the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
11. Acknowledgement and Consent
Policy last updated: March 2014
Social Media Policy Document