XEROX Authentication Label
• Xerox and Fuji Xerox use an "authentication label" on supplies packaging (such as toner cartridges).
• The authentication label is a small, Xerox-branded holographic label used to verify the authenticity of an item as "Genuine Xerox", and commonly applied for both Xerox and Fuji Xerox supplies.
How to identify Genuine Xerox / Fuji Xerox Supplies
• When you find the authentication label on Xerox / Fuji Xerox supplies packaging, please check the following features of the label:
- > Presence of label, comparable to sample pictured above.
- > Unique 12 digit serial-number and barcode code printed every label with "Connector" graphics behind the logo.
- > Background changes to read: "ORIGINAL", "AUTÊNTICO", "GENUINE" or "VÉRITABLE" depending on viewing angle.
Products with the label
• For Fuji Xerox brand products, toner cartridges for printers are with the authentication label.
• For Xerox brand products, the majority of toner and ink cartridges for Production and Office products carry the authentication label.
Previous authentication label (without "Connector" graphics behind the logo)
Label Background enhanced for illustration purposes
Suspicious Label Characteristics
Counterfeit or tampered supply items may look authentic but the flaws will be noticeable if you look for them. Below are some common characteristics.
Label cut out of carton Label torn off carton Serial number removed from label
What To Do If You Encounter a Suspicious Product
If you have concerns regarding the authenticity of a product, we encourage you to return the product to the point of sale for replacement or refund. To report suspicious activities or if you have additional questions or concerns, please email us at:
Information provided will be handled confidentially.